RTT: The Highest Risk Organisations: August 2014
It’s time again to see the latest RTT position for Trusts in England.
As usual our rankings are compiled through statistical analysis of past and current performance to give organisations a risk-adjusted ranking and whether their performance is getting worse or better.
Again, we have looked at organisations in three ways:
- The Shelford Group: the self-styled “leading group of hospitals” in the NHS;
- Foundation Trusts: hospitals that have earned the right to more freedom from government policy;
- Non-Foundation Trusts: all the rest of the hospitals.
The highlights this month are:
- The top 5 high risk organisations continue to deteriorate: they have added 3732 patients to the over 18 week category this month.
- United Lincolnshire NHS Trust has jumped from 21st position to 4th: this is because they have added the highest number of patients over 18 weeks (1549)
- The previous highest risk Trust Barts NHS Trust has not reported this month. This is significant as they had a large number of both over 18 week waits and over 52 week waits.
- This means that the national picture is most likely worse than the official figures suggest as there are a large number of patients not being reported in the national figures.
Why not have a look and see where your local Trust comes in our league table. You can download the list for free HERE