RTT: The Highest Risk Organisations: July 2014
It’s time again to see the latest RTT position for Trusts in England. We said last month that the situation appeared to be worsening so this month we have tried to pull out the key Trusts where this is the case.
We looked at the top ten highest risk trusts in the country specifically this month and found some very large deteriorations.
9 out of these 10 Trusts have seen the number of patients over 18 weeks rise and in some cases very dramatically, accounting for 4500 over 18 week patients. The worst offenders were:
- BARTS HEALTH NHS TRUST (our highest risk Trust) who added 1111 patients in month;
- BASILDON AND THURROCK UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (our 5thhighest risk) who added 934 patients in month;
- IMPERIAL COLLEGE HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST (our 4th highest risk) who added 788 patients in month.
As usual our rankings are compiled through statistical analysis of past and current performance to give organisations a risk-adjusted ranking and whether their performance is getting worse or better.
Why not have a look and see where your local Trust comes in our league table. You can download the list for free HERE.
Again, we have looked at organisations in three ways:
- The Shelford Group: the self-styled “leading group of hospitals” in the NHS;
- Foundation Trusts: hospitals that have earned the right to more freedom from government policy;
- Non-Foundation Trusts: all the rest of the hospitals.
Don’t forget to have a look and see where your local Trust comes in our league table. You can download the list for free HERE.